We’re Officially Booked!

A New Name

It’s been many months since the last phpScheduleIt release and a lot has happened since then. The biggest change is that I decided to rename the project to Booked. I’ve never been completely happy with the previous name and received a lot of feedback about it. I landed on Booked because it succinctly gives you and idea of what the product is and it’s easy to remember.

A New Company

The next big change is the formation of Twinkle Toes Software. Words typed here on this blog cannot express how excited I am to finally make this announcement. I’m an entrepreneur at heart and have wanted to start my own business for a while. Booked gives me an incredible opportunity to bring that dream to life. We’ll be offering professional services such as support, custom development, and hosting. We’re here to stand behind Booked and help it grow. I also have to thank my good friend Mandy for helping me with the website design and logo.

There is plenty more to come including the launch of booked website, the announcement of our hosting partner and some great new features and enhancements to the Booked community.

New Features

Oh, and I forgot to mention that there are a ton of great new features with this release! Here’s what you’re going to get with Booked 2.5. You can download it here

• Application renamed from phpScheduleIt to Booked Scheduler (why?)
  • Added ability to reserve resource groups
  • Added ability to filter schedule resources
  • Added ability to specify resource type
  • Added enhanced resource status management
  • Added ability to specify buffer time between reservations (per resource)
  • Custom attributes now appear on all reservation emails and balloons
  • Added ability set custom attributes for an individual resource, user or resource type
  • Added ability manage config files for all plugins through the UI
  • Added ability to set reservation colors per user
  • Added ability to subscribe to reservation Atom feeds
  • Added ability update blackouts
  • Added ability attach multiple items to a reservation
  • Added Shibboleth authentication plugin (thank you to the folks at UCSF)
  • Added ability to email admin for all new account creations
  • Updates and cleanup on the API
  • Removed password regex setting in favor of password complexity settings
  • Changed schedule drop downs to exclude schedules if the user does not have permission to any of the resources belonging to it
  • Added wide and condensed booking page views
  • Added option to allow all users access to reports
  • Added setting for default ‘from’ email address
  • Changed the reservation page to default to the minimum resource reservation time
  • Changed reservation update to grant permissions to all users if auto-assign permissions is being turned on
  • Fixed showing ‘Private’ when the current user is the reservation owner
  • Fixed bug where recurring reservations across daylight savings time boundaries were not being updated to the correct time
  • Fixed bug where schedule would freeze on certain daylight savings boundaries
  • Fixed pagination bug on manage reservations page
  • Fixed bug allowing invitees to join a reservation that was already at capacity
  • Fixed bug not enforcing resource cross day reservation constraint
  • Fixed bug where quota rules were being enforced cumulatively for resources on a schedule
  • Fixed bug where reminders were being sent for deleted reservations
  • Updated all mysql_* calls to mysqli_*
  • Numerous other minor fixes and updates

1. percane January 27, 2014 at 8:04 am

sounds great! were there any database changes? can we run 2.5 side by side with 2.4.2 to compare the changes?

1. Nick Korbel January 27, 2014 at 8:09 am

Yes, there were database changes… but nothing more complex than going from 2.3 -> 2.4, for example. You can definitely run versions side by side. You’d just need two databases and a new file directory to host the 2.5 files.

If you just want to take a 2.5 tour, the demo has been updated to the latest – http://demo2.php.brickhost.com

2. Anders Ringnér February 3, 2014 at 1:46 pm

It’s still thoroughly open source, right?

1. Nick Korbel February 3, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Absolutely. The license has not changed and the application will remain open source.

1. Anders Ringnér February 7, 2014 at 4:54 am

Jolly good! 🙂 It’s a wonderful application!

3. Leonel February 12, 2014 at 8:23 am

HI there, where can I download the 2.5 version?
    Please email the link. Thanks. Leo

4. Andrey April 2, 2014 at 7:43 am

Good afternoon!
    I have an issue with Booked. How can I enable RSS support? There are some code in 2.5 installation for this (FeedWriter) but it lack any examples of usage. How can i add this type of notification? I’ve found one solution http://php.brickhost.com/forums/index.php?topic=11235.0;wap2 but it doesn’t seen to work (there isnt any class rssFeed)?

1. Nick Korbel April 2, 2014 at 7:47 am

There is an RSS icon on the Bookings page where you can set up your RSS subscription.

5. Timmy April 10, 2014 at 7:07 pm

hi Nick.. are there any log for deleted schedule or reservation?

1. Nick Korbel April 10, 2014 at 7:46 pm

What kind of information are you looking for?

1. Timmy April 10, 2014 at 9:02 pm

i need to know if someone delete the reservation. beetween admin or user who deleted the reservation.

1. Nick Korbel April 10, 2014 at 9:06 pm

The best bet is going to be turning on debug logging. This captures pretty much every action to the file system.

1. Timmy April 10, 2014 at 9:12 pm

where can i found the debug logging, Nick?

6. Jagdish Faratde May 31, 2014 at 5:06 am

It’s big treasure for me that we have booked/phpscheduleit open source. Hence, Thanks for same however, I’m looking forward to develop a clone of http://www.scedulicity.com or http://www.snapappointments.com please suggest me some guidelines/plugins/third party code etc. so that i could start up. Remember I’m new to PHP.

7. Carol Chan July 14, 2014 at 5:50 am

Is there any wait list for reservation?

1. Nick Korbel July 14, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Not yet, but this is scheduled for the 2.6 release

8. Irina September 12, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Is Booked mobile friendly?

1. Nick Korbel October 20, 2014 at 2:05 pm

As of 2.5, I’d call Booked mobile “functional”. 2.6 will be revisiting the UI adding true mobile support.

9. Alejandro March 11, 2015 at 9:16 am

Hi Nick, I’m using the 2.5.6 version and the past March 8th (Daylight saving) I had problems with the reservation creation and update. I had to do that with a SQL script. Could you help me with a workaround or advice for solve that issue, please? Thanks in advance. Regards.

1. Nick Korbel March 11, 2015 at 9:19 am

Looks like an issue with 24 hour schedules. Hopefully have a fix out in the next week or so.

1. Alejandro March 11, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Thank you Nick!

10. Marsha July 29, 2015 at 10:29 am

My IT department has given me a trial to use. I have heard great things about this software, but need some instruction as to how to use it. I need to know how to make reservations and as an administrator, approve them. The only tutorial I can find is to install it, but I need the next steps.

11. blacktea October 27, 2015 at 4:46 pm

hi, where can i find support to make calls on booked server via Android app?
    I’m working on app where i want to verify if there is any free seat on bus and to make booking …